sufficient parking lots available
(except fair dates)
GPS: 48.154267, 14.02265
For navigation systems please use "Rosenauer Straße 7, 4600 Wels" as destination address.
We recommend you to use public transfer to warrant a sustainable journey to Welios.
Journey by railway/service bus
Travel to Wels main station, then take the regional train to Almtal (rail 4, 11 or 12) get off the train at the stop "Wels Messe".
From the main station you can also take the bus number 15 to Thalheim. Get off the bus at the stop: Pollheimerstraße/ Volksgartenstraße
You can find the current time tables here.
Wels’ share taxi
We recommend you Wels’ shared taxi for journeys at the evening or at weekends.
Station No. 70 central station/bus station, No. 82 Welios
Call minimum 30 minutes in advance (+43-7242-206 969) and mention: name, station or station number, time, destination and number of persons
Monday – Friday: from 20:15 h
Saturday: from 18:15 h
Sunday and holidays: from 6:45 h
Journey by car
You can reach Welios Science Centre Wels via the A1, A25 and A8 motorways. When leaving the motorway follow the Welios® street signs. They lead you perfectly through the city. Welios is situated at the eastern side of the fairground with hundreds of free parking spaces (except special dates which you can find here: http://www.messe-wels.at/ne13/?pn=1&ly=7&sn=5000)
We recommend the exit: Wels-West/direction City Centre
- From Vienna: A1, A25 motorways, Exit: Wels West
- From Salzburg: A1, A8, Exit: Wels West
- From Passau: A8, Exit: Wels Nord or Wels West
- From Graz: A9, A8, Exit: Wels West
Journey by bus
When leaving the motorway follow the Welios® street signs through the city center. Welios is situated at the eastern side of the fairground and you will find marked spaces where you can get out of the bus (Weliosplatz 1).
- Car: The Wels’ parking system leads you directly to the car park “Blackbox” (or “X-Garden”) which is situated next to Welios. There are free parking spaces behind the Wels’ City Hall and at the fairground. (walking time: 5 minutes)
- Bus: The Wels’ local bus station with its parking spaces is situated 500 m from Welios. We can also recommend to use the parking spaces along “Dragonerstraße 29” (from the federal police directorate toward the West)
- Barrier-free parking: There are 3 barrier-free parking spaces which are situated in the Rosenauerstraße in the immediate vicinity of the entrance to the Science Centre (Rosenauerstraße).